Skip to main content

Homemade Green Tea Facial Scrub / Mask

I made this awesome facial scrub / mask using only green tea and yogurt! I've been using my Tate's Natural Miracle Shampoo to wash my face everyday and wanted to exfoliate twice per week to remove the dead skin cells and unblock any clogged pores. I have heard that plain yogurt is a great base for any face mask and green tea is good for skin, too. 

Plain yogurt & green tea.
I just bought regular plain yogurt at Jewel and Lipton green tea bags. I put some yogurt in my food processor and cut a few tea bags and added green tea leaves. I mixed it on the pulse setting and kept adding yogurt and tea leaves until I got a good consistency.

Yogurt & green tea mixture.

My finished yogurt & green tea facial scrub!
I rubbed this mixture all over my face and it felt very soothing and cool. I scrubbed my face in circular motions to exfoliate and then allowed the facial scrub to sit on my face for a few minutes to moisturize and soak in. Then, I just rinsed with warm water until everything was off. My face felt so soft and healthy! 

I refrigerated the remaining mixture in a plastic container so I can use it for the next few weeks! I am going off the expiration on the yogurt container. This is definitely going to be my new favorite facial scrub!

- Ashley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A While, But I'm Back With More To Share Than Ever

It's crazy to think it's been 13 years since I have posted to this blog! It took some time for me to figure out how to get back into my old email account, but I am just bursting with information about healthy, non-toxic living that I am dying to share. My husband often jokes with me that I should be in this field and counsel people because I could literally talk about organic foods, removing toxins, supplements, doulas and labor, etc for hours on end. I plan to revive this blog and use it as my outlet to share info that I learned through the years while cleaning up my own lifestyle and also becoming a Mom of 3 kiddos and the things I do to keep my family healthy. We have dealt with everything from eczema to picky toddler diets and supplements to organic cotton baby products. I can't wait to share all my favorites with you! As we speak, I am on a crazy diet because I am breastfeeding my youngest who is allergic to wheat, milk, egg and peanut so I am gluten and dairy free and

Homemade Lemon & Sugar Hand Scrub

I actually saw this on the Dr. Oz show from "Beauty Secrets from around the World". I guess women in Italy use this to keep their hands soft and looking young. I know exfoliating your skin is important, but how often do we really exfoliate our hands? I've tried the Mary Kay Satin Hands and it does feel good and makes your hands soft to exfoliate them. I decided to give this Dr. Oz recipe a try. Lemon & Sugar Hand Scrub. I didn't have any all-natural lemon juice or lemons, so I just used the lemon juice I had in the house. I just added regular sugar to a small bowl and added a little lemon juice to make a paste. You just take a little bit of the mixture and scrub into your hands and in between your fingers. You can even use this on your elbows and heels or any dry areas that need to be exfoliated. When you have scrubbed enough and feel exfoliated, you just rinse your hands well in warm water! My hands felt so soft I couldn't believe it! Then just apply som

Allow Me To Introduce Myself and My Blog

Hello, My name is Ashley and I recently became very interested in natural and organic products after learning about all the toxins and chemicals in regular household cleaning products. I found myself doing tons of research and trying to gradually make small changes in my life to help me and my family live a healthier lifestyle. Mostly, I was really interested in the link to cancer from all the toxins and chemicals in our environment. Having a grandmother die from ovarian cancer and being at high-risk myself, I figure any small changes that I can make in my lifestyle now can only help me later in my life. When I was researching into organic versus non-organic clothing, I was terrified to learn about the number of pesticides on our clothing that seep into our largest organ, our skin. Reading that cancer patients are sometimes instructed to wear organic panties also freaked me out quite a bit. After watching a Dr. Oz episode about all the pesticides on our fruits and vegetables and ho