Skip to main content

Detox Tea: Cleansing and Revitalizing?

For my first post, I want to write about my experience with detox tea. I have to start off by saying that I hate hot tea, mostly because my Mom would always make me drink hot black tea as a kid when I was sick. I like some cold teas, but usually only if they are loaded with sugar (I know, I know - not so healthy!). I found a Chinese herbal detox tea made by Triple Leaf Tea. Here is the description off their website: http://www.tripleleaf-tea.com/chinese.htm#detox.


"Our Detox Tea contains more than 20 potent Chinese purification herbs.* Traditionally, these herbs were used to support the healthy function of the liver, kidneys, lungs and blood, to cleanse the body of toxins and to promote clear, healthy skin and healthy natural energy.* This tea has a delicious taste with a hint of natural lemon flavor."


I have read a lot about foot detox where it supposedly pulls all the toxins out of your body and turns the water black. I figured this detox tea couldn't hurt! I am really making it my goal to try and drink more tea because I know it is so good for you, but I really am a coffee girl at heart. The only other hot tea that I have experience with (another negative one) is Throat Coat Tea. Here is the website: http://www.tealand.com/ThroatCoat.asp. Someone told me about this tea when I was in a variety show in high school and had to sing a few songs. I had been sick and having sore throats and I was told that it was amazing. I went to the store and found it and read some of the ingredients - organic licorice root, organic wild cherry bark, organic slippery elm bark - you get the idea. As a high school student, I was absolutely disgusted by these ingredients, but I loaded the tea with honey and downed it while holding my nose to relieve me of the taste!


Back to my detox tea experience, I brewed a cup and thought it smelled pretty bad so I was expecting the worst. At first sip, I wasn't that grossed out and it was actually manageable for me to drink. Maybe I was focusing on the health benefits that I am supposed to get like cleansing, revitalizing and purification, and I just made myself enjoy the taste? Think back to your first beer. Most people don't really enjoy the taste of beer, but rather a combination of peer pressure and trying to fit in makes us tolerate it. Then, we begin to enjoy beer because of the fun associated with it. I am hoping that I am acquire a taste for tea and begin to really enjoy it because of the health effects that I feel from it.


The side panel of the box reads:


"The Detox Chinese Herbal Tea Tradition
For thousands of years, the Chinese have been using herbs to clear away toxins.* Today, we are exposed to increasing levels of harmful environmental pollutants, smoke, caffeine, food toxins, etc.* More than twenty potent Chinese purification herbs have been used to create our Detox Tea.* Traditionally, these herbs were used to support the healthy function of the liver, kidneys, lungs and blood, and to cleanse the body of toxins.* They were considered to help promote clear, healthy skin, increase the flow of energy (chi) to the body and mind, and promote calmer, more positive and peaceful emotions.* Treat yourself to our delicious and effective revitalizing tea on a regular basis.* Make periodic cleansings and daily purification a normal part of your regime.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.


Now if reading that doesn't make you feel healthier...


But, seriously, if this tea can help flush out the pollutants from my system and make me feel healthier, then I think it's a wise choice. I feel better after drinking it, but probably because I am reading about all these health benefits. I'm going to try and drink this detox tea at least on a weekly basis and see if I notice any overall change in how I feel. Of course, I have to try and improve my diet as well.

Here is a picture of my Detox Tea.

Let me know if you decide to try this out as well. Maybe we can detox together : )

- Ashley


Comments

  1. ditto all the way, I am trying it out too, for all of the same reasons!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Lemon & Sugar Hand Scrub

I actually saw this on the Dr. Oz show from "Beauty Secrets from around the World". I guess women in Italy use this to keep their hands soft and looking young. I know exfoliating your skin is important, but how often do we really exfoliate our hands? I've tried the Mary Kay Satin Hands and it does feel good and makes your hands soft to exfoliate them. I decided to give this Dr. Oz recipe a try. Lemon & Sugar Hand Scrub. I didn't have any all-natural lemon juice or lemons, so I just used the lemon juice I had in the house. I just added regular sugar to a small bowl and added a little lemon juice to make a paste. You just take a little bit of the mixture and scrub into your hands and in between your fingers. You can even use this on your elbows and heels or any dry areas that need to be exfoliated. When you have scrubbed enough and feel exfoliated, you just rinse your hands well in warm water! My hands felt so soft I couldn't believe it! Then just apply som

Almond Milk: Healthy, Vegan, AND Tasty?

I've been wanting to try almond milk for a while because I've heard it was good and super healthy. I finally found a good coupon in the paper and decided to buy some to try. I've had soy milk before and that was pretty good, but sort of gritty as you drink it. I bought the original and dark chocolate flavors of almond milk. My Silk Pure Almond Milk! Original and Dark Chocolate Flavors. When I took the first sip of the original almond milk, I couldn't believe how good it was! It's very smooth and tastes exactly like drinking liquid almonds! If you don't like almonds, the flavor is definitely overwhelming and you probably would not like almond milk. The dark chocolate flavor was my favorite and I could definitely see replacing regular dairy chocolate milk in my diet with the dark chocolate almond milk. Close-up of the almond milk cartons. I began researching into the health benefits of almond milk and found some interesting and promising information.